Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, near the nation's capital, Orano USA is a leading technology and services provider for decommissioning shutdown nuclear energy facilities, used fuel management, federal site clean-up and closure, and the sale of uranium, conversion, and enrichment services to the U.S. commercial and federal markets.
In the nuclear medicine field, Orano Med is developing a new generation of targeted therapies against cancer using the unique properties of lead-212 (212Pb), a rare alpha-emitting radioisotope and one of the more potent therapeutic payloads
against cancer cells.
Orano USA includes five business lines:
- Decommissioning Services , based in Massachusetts, applies global D&D expertise to the U.S. market, including the accelerated decommissioning of Vermont Yankee and Crystal River 3.
- Federal Services, based in North Carolina, provides nuclear fuel cycle technologies and environmental management services to the U.S. federal government.
- Mining, Conversion, Enrichment (MCE) Sales, based in Maryland, is a competitive
provider of long-term uranium contracts for U.S. utility customers.
- Orano Med, based in Texas, is developing cancer-fighting isotopes for radioimmunotherapy, with research progressing for the next phase of FDA approval.
- Orano TN, based in Maryland with manufacturing facilities in North Carolina, is a global provider of dry storage, transportation and field services for used nuclear fuel and radioactive waste, with its NUHOMS® used nuclear fuel dry storage system securely operating at more than 30 U.S. sites.
Global Orano gives nuclear energy all its value through a complete offering of products and services throughout the nuclear fuel cycle.
Orano’s purpose is to provide customers with high-performing products and services throughout the nuclear fuel cycle, thereby fully contributing to the efficient production of low-carbon nuclear energy, cancer-fighting radioisotopes, and innovative industrial applications.
Globally headquartered in Paris, with 16,000 employees worldwide, Orano includes eight primary business lines: Mining; Conversion & Enrichment; Logistics, for managing used nuclear fuel; Recycling & Nuclear Waste Management; Decommissioning & Dismantling; Nuclear Fuel Cycle Engineering; Operations Support, including radiological safety; and Nuclear Medicine.