France has developed a complete national industrial sector that enables it to control the design and construction of its own facilities for electricity production, uranium enrichment, and fuel fabrication, not to mention recycling. With its technologies and industrial know-how, unlike any others in the world, Orano contributes to the excellence of the French nuclear sector.
- Nuclear energy enables France to be 56% independent for its energy supply
- 3rd French industrial sector after the aeronautics and automotive sectors
- A sector that creates jobs in France and globally (30,000 recruitments between 2015 and 2018 - source: Gifen)
- Industrial expertise that is exported globally
- A sector that contributes 6 billion euros per year to France’s trade balance