Welcome to Orano
Helping to meet current and future challenges to preserve our world and build the world of tomorrow while taking care of everyone's health is stimulating for you. For us too. By joining the Orano Group, a leading international player in the nuclear industry, you are in the right place.
Every day we work to produce efficient low-carbon energy, to fight global warming, to find solutions that save natural resources, and to contribute to progress in health.
Our strengths? Across the entire fuel cycle, we have extensive expertise in cutting-edge technologies, safe, high value-added products and services, and a strong capacity for innovation. All of these factors reflect the strong skills of our 16,500 employees, whom we are constantly striving to develop. With their different backgrounds and experience, they are proof of our openness to all talents. They share the same ambition: to give nuclear energy its full value.
TN Americas, a subsidiary of Orano USA is a leader of the American nuclear dry storage market. The company offers a complete line of products and related services to the transportation, storage, and engineering sectors operating in the fuel cycle materials market.
Orano TN is seeking a Mechanical Engineer III to support the engineering and design work performed to support the design and development of various spent nuclear fuel storage and transport packages. This qualified individual will be responsible for conducting engineering structural analysis for all designs using either commercial software tools such as ANSYS/LSDYNA or by hand calculations using classical stress analysis. Solid understanding of structural mechanics fundamentals is required.
Additional job responsibilities will include the following:
- Perform mechanical or mechanical dynamics analysis to support the application for a license from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
- Interface with designers, project engineers and other analytical disciplines (Nuclear, thermal, etc.) to ensure the structural integrity of the design.
- Conducting finite element analysis on systems and components using either commercial software tools such as ANSYS/LSDYNA or by hand calculations using classical stress analysis. Types of analyses required are linear and non-linear structural analysis, rigid body dynamics, modes and frequencies.
- Provide design solutions and verification methods.
- Participate in team meetings, technical reviews, design reviews, peer reviews and problem solving meetings.
- Produce structural analysis reports and prepare related sections of the Safety Analysis Report (SAR).
Our Full-Time Benefits
Health, Dental, and Vision insurance – with generous employer contributions
401(k) with employer matching and contribution amounts
Life insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability insurance provided by the company
Generous Paid Time Off and holiday schedules
Numerous Training and Development opportunities
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil or Structural) plus a minimum of 3-5 years of related engineering work experience. A Master's degree may be substituted for 1-2 years of related work experience.
- Finite element analysis experience
- Mechanical / Civil aptitude and experience
- Demonstrated background where quick thinking and problem solving plays a critical role
- Excellent organization, planning and priority setting skills
- Ability to communicate well with regulatory authority and customers.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Master's Degree in Engineering
- Working knowledge of ASME Section III pressure vessel design or ACI
- Familiarity with ANSYS, LSDYNA, or equivalent codes.
Orano is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other characteristic protected by law.