Orano Federal Services LLC combines the capabilities, technologies, and resources from multiple Orano companies to serve the United States Department of Energy, its subcontractors, and other clients in all phases of the nuclear fuel cycle. We provide know-how, key services, products, and technologies with high added value to our clients and their projects.
Orano Federal Services LLC is seeking a Mechanical Engineering Intern for the office in Aiken SC. Under direct supervision, the intern will perform mechanical engineering tasks requiring application of standard established techniques and practices. Responsibilities will include planning/conducting individually assigned engineering tasks or participation in a portion of a larger task or project under direction of more experienced staff. The intern may provide technical support related to proposal development, planning, designing, analyzing, constructing and maintaining structures, systems and components involved with mechanical or nuclear components, assemblies and systems.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Performing standard engineering assignments typically in areas of proposal development, work planning/scoping, design, analysis, evaluation, testing, preparation of specifications/other technical documents, fabrication follow-up, execution of field tasks, and resolution of fabrication/field problems;
• Evaluation, selection and application of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria using judgment in making minor adaptations and design modifications;
• Support of structural or other evaluations using standard calculations or analytical software; and
• Performance of other related engineering duties and tasks, as required.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity:
• Pursuing B.S. in Mechanical Engineering;
• Basic knowledge of Mechanical Engineering standards, techniques and criteria;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to comprehend and
convey detailed technical data;
• Willingness to learn and assist with continuous improvement;
• Positive attitude;
• Ability to produce accurate and thorough work products in a timely fashion;
• Ability to provide support and assistance to co-workers as appropriate;
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products; and
• Experience/course work in equipment design & analysis involving computer tools such as SolidWorks, EXCEL, and/or MathCAD.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position:
• Experience/course work with ANSYS
Orano Federal Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.