Welcome to Orano
Helping to meet current and future challenges to preserve our world and build the world of tomorrow while taking care of everyone's health is stimulating for you. For us too. By joining the Orano Group, a leading international player in the nuclear industry, you are in the right place.
Every day we work to produce efficient low-carbon energy, to fight global warming, to find solutions that save natural resources, and to contribute to progress in health.
Our strengths? Across the entire fuel cycle, we have extensive expertise in cutting-edge technologies, safe, high value-added products and services, and a strong capacity for innovation. All of these factors reflect the strong skills of our 16,500 employees, whom we are constantly striving to develop. With their different backgrounds and experience, they are proof of our openness to all talents. They share the same ambition: to give nuclear energy its full value.
Orano Federal Services LLC combines the capabilities, technologies, and resources from multiple Orano companies to serve the United States Department of Energy, its subcontractors, and other clients in all phases of the nuclear fuel cycle. We provide know-how, key services, products, and technologies with high added value to our clients and their projects.
Orano Federal Services LLC is seeking a Mechanical Engineering Intern for the office in Federal Way, WA. Under direct supervision, the intern will perform mechanical engineering tasks requiring application of standard established techniques and practices. Responsibilities will include planning/conducting individually assigned engineering tasks or participation in a portion of a larger task or project under direction of more experienced staff. The intern may provide technical support related to proposal development, planning, designing, analyzing, constructing and maintaining structures, systems and components involved with mechanical or nuclear components, assemblies and systems.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing standard engineering assignments typically in areas of proposal development, work planning/scoping, design, analysis, evaluation, testing, preparation of specifications/other technical documents, fabrication follow-up, execution of field tasks, and resolution of fabrication/field problems;
- Evaluation, selection and application of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria using judgment in making minor adaptations and design modifications;
- Support of structural or other evaluations using standard calculations or analytical software; and
- Performance of other related engineering duties and tasks, as required.
Our Full-Time Benefits
Health, Dental, and Vision insurance – with generous employer contributions
401(k) with employer matching and contribution amounts
Life insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability insurance provided by the company
Generous Paid Time Off and holiday schedules
Numerous Training and Development opportunities
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity:
- Pursuing B.S. in Mechanical Engineering;
- Basic knowledge of Mechanical Engineering standards, techniques and criteria;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to comprehend and convey detailed technical data;
- Willingness to learn and assist with continuous improvement;
- Positive attitude;
- Ability to produce accurate and thorough work products in a timely fashion;
- Ability to provide support and assistance to co-workers as appropriate;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products; and
- Experience/course work in equipment design & analysis involving computer tools such as SolidWorks, EXCEL, and/or MathCAD.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position:
- Experience/course work with ANSYS, and
- Experience/course work with LS-DYNA
Orano Federal Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Orano is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other characteristic protected by law.