Orano Med has developed new processes for producing high-purity lead-212, a rare radioactive isotope. Lead-212 is currently at the heart of promising research projects in nuclear medicine to develop new treatments against cancer. The innovative approach, known as targeted alpha therapy (TAT), recognizes and destroys cancer cells while limiting the impact on nearby healthy cells.
Macrocyclics, Inc., is a leading manufacturer of customized chelating agents developed specifically for the advancement of diagnostic and therapeutic medicines for treatment of cancer.
· Execute and optimize organic chemistry processes on bench scale which will lead to manufacture of intermediates and finished products on the kilo-scale
· Prioritize development of chemistry processes using safe practices and material handling
· Maintain documentation of technical details in batch records and lab notebook
· Provide technical assistance for new product development and full-scale production
· Conduct organic synthesis on lab scale to prepare mg to hundreds of grams of intermediates and finished products
· Collect appropriate analytical data, perform rigorous evaluation with data-based decisions
· Carry out literature searching using online tools to obtain background information and ideas for chemistry improvements
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
· Proven record of hands-on benchtop multi-step organic syntheses. Can convey in writing or verbally the work that was performed
· Experienced with typical laboratory equipment and instrumentation (HPLC, LC/MS, NMR, rotary evaporators, diaphragm pumps, oil pumps, etc.)
· Skilled in reverse phase chromatography either on flash or preparatory columns and can develop purification methods
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Additional experience with process chemistry development, multi-kilogram scale-up, and familiarization with GMP is a plus
· Preferred Education/Experience: BS (8 yrs), MS (5 yrs), or PhD (2 yrs) in Organic Chemistry
Orano is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other characteristic protected by law.