The Orano plant in Malvési receives natural uranium from around the world in the form of uranium ore concentrates
, conditioned in barrels. Thanks to a unique industrial process, the natural uranium is purified, then concentrated. It is then
transformed into uranium tetrafluoride (UF4) in various workshops and shipped to the Orano Tricastin site, which completes its transformation.
An industrial facility in line with the latest safety standards
The overhaul of the site's industrial facilities carried out in recent years to replace the historic facilities has made it possible to incorporate the latest improvements and innovations resulting from Orano's research and development programmes.
A preventive and corrective maintenance policy, incorporating feedback from other industrial sites, guarantees the highest level of safety and security.
In addition to the checks run in-house, the supervisory authorities carry out periodic inspections
• 100 emergency response teams trained in fire risk and chemical risk management techniques
• 60 employees qualified as First Aid Workers
• 3 nurses present during normal working hours
• 1 occupational physician present once a week
• 1 multi-purpose fire truck - chemical risks
• Radiological control equipment...